Wednesday, September 19, 2012

A Place for Everything

When you have a small house, sometimes you have to think of unique places to store your things away and, often, that involves maximizing your space.


In order to use every bit of limited and valuable space I have, not only do I use the inside of my cabinets but I also use the inside of the doors to my cabinets.


Inside of my cabinet doors, I stuck some 3M Command Hooks {they are easy to remove and don't damage the cabinets}.  These hooks allowed me to free up valuable drawer space.  My oven mitts now have a place.


When Grace was a baby, it was the perfect place to hang her bibs, which previously had been stuffed in a drawer.


Now that the bibs are packed away, this hook now holds my vintage apron.


When space is limited, you make do, you get creative, you use every bit of space you have.

What is your best space saving tip?

11 comments:

  1. Great tips! I love being able to stretch spaces like that too. I am going to have to try this one out now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have mixed results with 3m, I think it's our weather, the areas the sun hits is no good. But inside cupboards that's something I'm going to try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My children make fun of my love of Command hooks. I am loving this idea. I have these huge oven mitts that take up a ton of room in my drawer. It will be so nice to get them out of the way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I definitely agree... with small space we've got to be creative. Command hooks are a pretty good idea. I love the command strips, sometimes I will use the strips without the hooks to hang things up. Quite handy little things:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ive seen someone hang them upside down on the inside of their cabinets to hang wreaths on the outside of them, but I never thought to use them to hang stuff inside the cabinets. Great idea! I have a cabinet downstairs for overflow appliances (waffle maker, etc), bakeware, seasonal, and other items that take up space for everyday stuff. And I purge all cabinets...often!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I so agree on the creative use of space. I use them too in the kitchen and in my closet for my belts. Great invention!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhhhh vintage aprons! Love.

    I think I should do this in my pantry closety thing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Don't even get me started on space saving....I went from a 4,000sq.ft. home to 1100. I guess my favorite is that just about anything I buy these days, furniture-wise, better have some storage involved....my bench by the front door has drawers below it, my little and table opens up for storage...just anything needs to be able to hold something...and cute baskets, baskets, baskets.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm with you there! space comes at a premium here too! My best tool here is to stack it high!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love Command Hooks, they are great for adding a little space to a small area. The only space-saving tip I have is to give the husband his own house... that frees up some space. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'd have to hang my jammies in there, I do dishes in them so they become my apron. They have black sheep on them, not near as cute as your apron.

    ~Bliss~

    ReplyDelete

I am head over heels you took the time to leave me a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...